Friday, October 5, 2012

Riding Just for the Fun of Riding

I'm sitting here in my Killington, VT home looking out at the beautiful fall foliage colors that have taken over the Green Mountains. Yesterday was a major, long work day on a project that I emailed out at 9:45 last night. Today! A reward for the long day...a ride through these beautiful mountains. Problem is, like a dog in a meat locker, I don't know which direction to go in first. Each direction that I look in is more beautiful than the last.

For those who have trained with me, you know that this time of year, unless you are training for a late Fall marathon, I tell you to get off the "schedule" and ride "for the love of riding". No target pace. No minimum (or maximum) distance. No structure. Just enjoy being in the saddle and loving life.That's what I'm going to do today.

I hope you all are able to take advantage of the weather and enjoy the Fall season over this Columbus Day Weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment